About BRLT’s trails
30 miles of hiking trails are open year-round free of charge on BRLT’s preserves. Enjoy meadows, forests, wetlands, scenic vistas and the natural beauty of the Boothbay region. Easy, Moderate, and Challenging trails are available throughout the region and on Indiantown and Damariscove Islands. For trail maps, see the links below. If you enjoy hiking BRLT’s trails, consider making a donation so that they may be available for years to come.
If you tried to use our online maps, please take our survey at the bottom of this page.
The icons on this map provide links to pages describing each Preserve.
Each link below will take you to a page with a trail description, a link to an interactive Google map, a link to a downloadable/printable trail map, and photos of some of the things that you’ll see on the trail.
Please hike safely:
– Check the weather and plan accordingly
– Wear appropriate footwear; many trails have exposed roots and rocks and even an easy trail could have slippery walking surfaces
– Please report any issues you observe to the Land Trust office at brlt at bbrlt.org or (207) 633-4818
Observe Leave No Trace principles:
– Please don’t litter, and if you see trash please remove it if you can do so safely
– Keep your pet under control and clean up after it. Pet waste is unpleasant for others and, even if it is off the trail, it contaminates water runoff
– Travel only on marked trails
– Please leave all rocks, plants, and artifacts for others to enjoy
Colby Wildlife Preserve
Cross River Preserve
Gregory Hiking Trail
Hendricks Head Preserve
Oak Point Farm
Ocean Point Preserve
Ovens Mouth East
Penny Lake Preserve
Singing Meadows Preserve